Notice to Patients:
Your health and safety are important to us and we look forward to caring for you. It has been a challenging time for all of us as we experienced changes in our daily lives, including how we manage our health care needs.
As you prepare for a future appointment, we want you to know that we have implemented many new guidelines to keep you and our employees safe. Whether you arrive at one of our facilities for care or access our providers through virtual visits, we want you to be prepared and to feel safe.
You will notice the following guidelines upon arrival to our facilities:
- No visitors allowed with adult visits unless providing physical assistance. We welcome your loved one(s) to participate virtually via your smartphone or tablet. We can help you make that connection.
Pediatric patients may be accompanied by one adult.
- All guests must wear a face covering or face mask. Please remember to make sure it covers your nose and mouth at all times, and do not remove it unless asked to do so by your provider. Please note that children under two years of age do not need to wear a mask.
- Screenings will be conducted that will include questions about your potential exposure to COVID-19, any current symptoms, and will include a temperature reading.
- If you are scheduled for a procedure, you may be tested in advance by us prior to the procedure. For your convenience, we will provide COVID-19 testing at multiple sites. Call (305) 694-6268 to schedule an appointment.
- If you are uncomfortable with coming onsite to see your provider, you may ask for a virtual visit. Please note the instructions for this posted on our website at www.jtchs.org.
- You may notice your provider without a tie, suit jacket, dress, or lab coat. That’s because we are wearing clothes that can be washed daily as we return home to our families.
- You will notice changes in our facilities that have been implemented to help maintain social distancing. These changes include spacing of chairs to avoid crowded waiting rooms and you may be asked to wait in your vehicle and be called in when the provider is ready to see you.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (305)637-6400. We are here for you.
Your Health Care Providers
Jessie Trice Community Health System
COVID-19 testing funded by Miami-Dade County
using federal CARES Act CRF funds